Friday, October 15, 2010

new home, new cooking adventure

Yesterday I cooked! I made red grounded meat (my favourite mexican dish ever) with achiote, this special spice from yucatán. I also made some good fried rice and refried beans. One can never go wrong with fried food. I was very nervous cuz this is the like.. the 5th or 6th time I try this dish and even though it's not bad, it has ever been good... until yesterday!! And I was nervous cuz Jesus was going to try it and judge it!
So when Jesus came over, he woooolfed it down; true, he was very hungry, but he ate more than half of all of it and kept saying how much he liked it. Also my roomate Johannes, that is a very very good cook, tried it and liked it very much! It still didn't taste like my mom's carne molida roja, or like Rosy's rice, but it was very good :D
Today I tried to bake some brownies. For those of you who know me, you know this is my specialty, I have been making them since im like... 11 or something. The thing with baking, is that every oven is different and this was my first time trying the one at my new place. 
So there I go, went to the shop and got some pyrex the size and shape I wanted and all, got all the ingredients and stuff and I set to work. Johannes has a veeeeery nice blender and the paste was deeeeelicious and very even and stuff. Then the hard part, the oven. 
All of a sudden, the appartment was filled with this delicious smeel of sugar and chocolate blended together in a smooshness of butter.. so good and appetite opening, everybody's mouth was watering, but then... evil evil untamed oven, went crazy, and only cooked to top part of the brownies, the pyrex were overflown with an ocean of chocolate richness that spilled all over the grills that now I have to clean... so, needless to say, my delicious mixture ended up in the waste bin and no one can eat delicious Lucy brownies tonight :(

No comments:

Post a Comment