Tuesday, October 5, 2010

the magical WIESN!


so yes... Wiesn = Oktoberfest.
Here I was, tooooota
lly anxious and curios about the oktoberfest, it's been so built up I was afraid I might be disapointed or something... needles to say... I wasn't. I LOVED THE WIESN, and like Victor(mexican) says: Wiesn is a magical event, anything might happen.

I went several times, 8 days to drink and 1 to walk around and stuff, so technically just 8.
In my (vast) tent experience, HB is the most international, the band plays a lot of well known songs, almost no german ones, but the typical ein prositz... (which I tooootally love), but since is the most famous around the world, most of the international tourism goes there.

The traditional wiesn was also very cool and itneresting. I went on opening day there, it was totally worth it but not for party machen, nein nein. The different breweries got together and made one special beer that... SUCKED! but oh well... in general oktoberfest beer has more alcohol than the normal one and well.. is one litter mugs.
The augustiner tent is quite good, although is very traditional, so.. alles auf deutsch, no music that I can sing. It was the pretiest one also, but I left cuz well... I cant sing

I also visited the Pschorr tent, quite good and fun, nothing p
articular about it but the fact that I went with this new friend I got, ricky (australian) and his friends... so there I was, rocking it with a guy that I had just met and a bunch of strangers, but cool strangers! It was so much fun, this indian guy, Kulpreet, he chugged 3 (maybe 4) masses before 1 pm, of course.. he was destroyed. When people are gonna chug a beer, they stand up on the table and everybody claps and cheers, it's so very funny.
I went to both paulaner tents, the best one was the one with a huuuuge beer mug on top of a tower... yes, a tower.

The spaten tent was laim, but hey... it's wiesn.. so.. aweso
me anyway.
The first sunday I went to HB with roadtripping friends, jarret and casjen, found the "party animals" from the office and well... I don't know exactlly how much fun I ha
d, but apparently a lot, ended up with some poor irish guy's (very good) jacket that he gave me cuz I was cold, cuz obviously I left the wiesn just like that, left my jacket there and all, oh well... I got a (bigger) better one :D

This year, the wiesn had one extra day cuz it has been 200 years since the first one, so yesterday, monday... yes... I went to wiesn :D It was the best day of them all, the one that I had more fun, the atmosphere was genius! Then I got on the rollercoaster with Jesus (mexican) and Daniel (venezuela).

At the wiesn you can find so many wierd things.. like a group of guys wearing tuxes, and another one on a lion suit.. literally. Flowers go around almost as much as beer, the guys playing in the bands have coreography prepared and all; guys say lines like: oh come on.. it's ok, I'm italian; I'm french, can i put mustard in your boobs?; I will love you forever, let's go to the fc bayern game. And for sure, everybody can find "love" at the wiesn.

My favourite wiesn feature was the hat collection... so many of them, amazing, of course I wanted them ALL. Didnt get any jijijiji, well... while being there I did get some, but well, I gave them back to the guys the hats originally belonged to; I figured one "new" item was enough :D There were the traditional hats, the beer hats, bayern hats, lion hats, all kinds of hats.

All in all, even if Wiesn and I have a passionate, turbulent, sometimes violent, relationship. I think we willl see each other again... I love Wiesn!

1 comment: