Sunday, June 27, 2010

WM-Verrucktheit

Weltmeisterschaft (WM).
The 3rd Germany game was an intriguing event.
We, office people, party animals that we are, went to the acclaimed hockeyDOM, making stress on the name: DOM - dome, yes, the hockey dome. What does that sound like? To me, it sounds like a huuuge hockey-arena-looking place, that is enormous and fun and cold right? Perfect for watching a game in a very hot summer day. NEIN! It was this crappy room with (very cool I must admit) puff sofas and ONE tiny bar. Man, we were scammed!!!
Obviously... we left. We went to this event area-bar-biergarten-concert hall-club called backstage, quite cool. The odd part is that this german people.... DON'T CHEER!!! I guess only the people that actually go to the stadiums cheer all the time. This germans, with all their supportive attire (shirts, scarfs, hats, horns...what not?) still did not cheer enough, at least to what I am used to.
The best part was that I, obviously, was dressed to the occasion... from now on, I am to be adressed as Lulu, die Köningin von Deutschland! jijijiji.
After the game, since this place is sort of a club, they started playing (the worst ever) music fromt he 80's, so, us, party animals from the office, started dancing and jumping around, specially me OF COURSE!! The guy that takes pics for the social web pages was much entertained by my enthusiasm! jijiji In any case, all of us were on the dance floor and we left like at midnight. This was a weekday, and for scientists this is quite a social outing, I am proud of us :D
On the way home, everybody was yelling and honking their horns, people wearing german flag skirts and capes (much like mine :D).
The game yesterday (sunday 27th) was waaaaay better. I had the genius idea to watch the game at the olympiastadion (olympic football stadium). Some people didn't turn up: I have to work and what not, yeah, on a sunday, on football sunday!! Others showed up late, very late. We sat on the sun side of the stadium and two of the people were too hungover to sit there, so they moved infront with a terrible view, but shielded from the meanness of the solar deliciuos direct light! Poor casjen stayed in the sun and now he looks like a very blond shrimp jijiji, poor thing.
Here, the crowds were more enthusiastic, they cheered, chanted, waved their flags, yelled... the whoooole shabang! I loooooooved it, I was waving my german flag like a bavarian blond in my dirndl and ten beer in my hands!, It was a lot of fun and the victory was masterful...true, the referee robed England of one gol, but 4-2 still goes to awesome Deutschland!
Afterwards, we went to the englischer garten, found the mexicans, got a beer and started cheering. We all know how that played out. Of course, and with good reason, I'm terribly sad and hating "a los #$%#$%4 pibes" more than ever, but now... I will rejoice in the apalling german victory and crushing shame of Argentina :D, yeah... I don't care for them that much.
Still... Viva Mexico y arriba la selección!
P.S.- On my way home, I fell on the street, yet again, at 23:00 and had a bleeding leg for the rest of the way to my room... genius

1 comment:

  1. Que raro baby que te rompieras la máe de regreso a casa...

    ReplyDelete