Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Alpine Hiking

After a lot of convincing from my friends, I decided that maybe it wasn´t suicide to go hiking with them to the alps... they did promiss to take care of me :D So I went. It all started at 9.30 am on saturday when Juju came to my door banging like a maniac. I was so upset, who comes to my room at this ungodly hour on a saturday? oh yeah, we are going hiking!!!; but see, this happens when you come back at 6 am from student-festival-partying the night before. We finally met the others and took to the southern roads of germany, God bless the autobahn with no speed limit. After some time and disentions with dear old Tom Tom (GPS), we made it to Füssen, where the Neuschwanstein castle is, this is the castle that Ludwig ll (the crazy one that ended up in the river upside down cuz he "commited suicide") built to make it appear like sleeping beauty's castle (that disney tooootally copied and has it as cinderella's castle). We walked around the tiny town and went up to the castle area, hiked in the surrounding mountains, had a beer (obviously) and then went into the castle. As some of you already know, I had been to this castle already, and I hiked up to it through the woods along the very safe path these nice bavarian people have built, but this time we kept going up the mountain. Amazing views, toooootally recommended!. Then we hurried to the first lidel we could find to get some provisions, then we went to the hostel and had a BBQ until 5.30 (second night in a row for me!!!) It was very nice, drank some casillero del diablo that even french people liked!!! what up? jiji. Somehow, I ended up lying on some field with gorgeous white, yellow and purple flowers watching the sunrise. On sunday we went to this other town close to the hostel and hiked up, needless to say... I WAS DYING!! but it was toootally worth it. We got to some fake man-made lake, that was quite nice, and had picnic lunch there, then a beer (obviously) and headed back down for the way home. All of this took like.. almost 5 hours. THe chocoadventrue of the trip was that somehow, my glasses (the dark ones that have graduated lenses) fell into the river!!! Super Juju had to go in and get them for me! jijiji, nice man Juju. We finally made it home cooooompletely worn down. Still I went out for a ride with Rox and while I was trying to get to the Allianz arena, I got tooooootally lost, of course, and had to find my way back home before it got dark (at 10 pm!!!!). All in all, an amazing weekend.

1 comment:

  1. baby!!!
    cuando te vaya a visitar algun dia de estos, me tienes k llevar hiking to the mountains...
    love u!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete