Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Schönes Wetter in München

Finally we are having some sun!! This comes also with hot weather, but that's ok, as long as it's sunny.
The peculiar thing, is that Münchners are soooooo not used to it, that when father sun appears, they all find a special way to show their respects.
We, office party animals, go across the street to the thai place and get our chinesse box of food, or to lorenzo's for pizza or pasta. This is actually not called lorenzo's, but the guy in the pizza box looks like my friend lore jijiji.
We sit right infront of the office, or at the steps of one of the museums around us. It also customary to go outside in the little fire scape hall around the building for coffee break and for those who smoke. It is quite nice.
The streets are filled with bike-riders, dog-walkers, kid-walkers, tourists, granpas and grammas streching their crackling joints... everybody goes out.
Most of the time, you would encounter a group of half-naked men playing fotball, frisbee, or some kind of ball game; the girls in colorful underware lying around any free space of green (not so soft) ground, sunbathing. It's quite funny, cuz then the guys suddenly need to go for a walk around the gardens and poor Ismot can barely take a look around; between the half naked people and the dogs... uuuh no no no.
Also, last night, I went to Garching Forschungszentrum (where the labs are) by bike! This is quite a feat for me!!! From where i live, according to goolge map directions, is 15.9 km one way, so yeah, I rode 32 km lastnight! It was great, I was dead tired but felt so good! Along the road you can feel the delicious smell of exposed-to-the-sun corn, it reminds me of my time in scottsville, Ky. Unfortunatelly, I didn't have my camera, so I couldn't take pics of the beautiful sunset. It took me two hours to go, strech a bit, go around the place with Rox and come back. It was a very very nice ride. Since the sun doesn't go down until like... 9:30 pm, I was good in time.
The thing is that I am not the only crazy one, there were also a lot of people riding, of course, they all had those weird padded biking leggins or whatever they are, with very sporty-looking shirts and helmets and all, me... no, just some t-shirt and shorts jijiji

No comments:

Post a Comment