Saturday, March 9, 2013

Merida Fest


Mérida, my beautiful city, had its birthday, its 471th birthday! 
I celebrate my birthday with style: a birthweek; but Mérida makes it even bigger: the Mérida Fest!! it is a month full of activities: concerts, plays, expositions, talks, events... all sort of things!
Mérida by night
I love to participate in this city craze and attend to as many as I can, specially because they are for free :), So I bathe myself in culture and splash about in the beauty of the arts!

This year I attended several things, like the play "love letters to Stalin", by the National theatre company. It was a great show. The "best" part was that my friend César and I were engaged into conversation with an 80-something year old Professor of literature from another state that thought it was of vital importance to tell us about his entire life history :) it was quite interesting if I must admit


 There was also the opening of the Andy Warhol exhibition. From Mao to Marilyn. There were also other two show rooms with very interesting paintings.


All in all, the Mérida Fest is a Huge deal for me J. This time I couldn’t go to many activities, but the ones I participated in  I truly enjoyed them.
Until next year 




No comments:

Post a Comment