Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The last of the 20's


This year I turned 29! Most people don’t care about that much and spend a whole year in utter fear of the inevitable 30th birthday. However, I feel differently about this. For me, it is my last year of 20’s, my last year of young madness. This is my last year to accumulate crazy exploits so later in life I can say: in my twenties I…, or when I was twenty-something I did this and that. Afterwards I can only have womanly madnessJ
This year I want to accomplish several things, mostly “crazy” things. I will call this year the year of “I never have…”


I already had a good start, last Friday I ate for the first time fried grasshoppers!! I must admit that they don’t taste half bad. I was feeling very brave, but when I tasted them, I realized it wasn’t much of a sacrifice. Nonetheless, I have eaten grasshoppers. 

Also, last Sunday, I “ran” (more like power walked) in the turkey race in my city. They have for disabled, 10km and 5km. I did the 5km track. If you win the 10km track you win a turkey, and since it is right before Christmas, it fits perfect. I finished in less time than it took me in training and wasn’t so far behind! I enjoyed this event a lot. People laughed at me when I told them I was going to do this, mostly because I have never characterized myself by being an athletic person, normally, I am the fan, an awesome fan at that, but no active participation in the actual sport activity
I want to jump from an airplane, but given that I just started working two weeks ago, I have no money for this sort of journey. This year I will also become an aunt and hopefully be great at it. I will master a third language (maybe also a fourth, both are underway). I will do small little daytrips around my city. I will dance at least once a month and watch the sunrise in the same frequency.
Many more adventures await me this year, I don’t know yet what they will be, so if you have suggestions, realistic ones, please give me some


I am really excited about my 29th year, my last of the twenties!

No comments:

Post a Comment