Saturday, December 22, 2012

Birthweek 2012


So… long time no read
That time of the year has come, that time when we take one week and celebrate my entrance into this world, at least I do J
I like to celebrate my birthday for a week, but don't think it is one week of crazy endless partying. It used to be. Not anymore. I usually do it the week with my birthday on the middle, but since it covers the 15th of December, here, where I live, it is customary to start Christmas celebration from that date on: office parties, friends parties… all the Christmas goodness that we all love. So this year I had my birthday at the end of the birthweek J

 I started with a nice little road trip to the beach. But not just any beach, SAN CRISANTO!!! This is an almost virgin beach that is beautiful any time of the year, even in the dreadfully hot tropical winter that we experience here. We stayed at these rustic Mayan-style huts. They actually belong to the town. So we stayed there and we had a BBQ, beer, wine, shooting stars and the fresh night breeze of the Gulf… jealous much? Well you should. It was wonderful.


Next day we drove back and I went around town with my brother. Monday I went to my first day of work! That is RIIIIIGHT!! I have a job now! Yeiiiii. Tuesday, it turns out there was delicious food at the office and that night, the Christmas party at a very nice restaurant. So, on the very first week at my new job, I already got to go partying with everybody, it was very nice.

Wednesday, after the gym, two friends and I went to this park where little food stands come up at night. We ate ESQUITES. What is that? You may ask. Well, it is a Mexican snack made out of corn and we put all sorts of stuff in there: sour cream, soup cheese, chili powder, lemon and salt. I know it sounds gross but wait until you try it! And we went right after the gy, so we wouldn’t feel so bad about eating such deliciousness.
Thursday was family day. We stayed at my place and ate and talked, and ate some more, had cake, ate again… until like 2 am!
On Friday I went to the ballet to see the nutcracker, which happens to be one of my favorites J
All in all, it was a great birthweek. There were laughs and smiles, presents, adventure, stars, friends… it was awesome! I hope you also had an amazing time during my birthweek!
Now you know for next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment