Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bedroom Redecoration


I came back from München to my beautiful hot Mérida. My bedroom was as I had left it. It needed a change.
Just so you are up to date, I get bored with the state of things quite quickly.

I decided to bring some color into my daily life, so I picked one wall and took it from peaceful graceful nice white to bright green. This green is more than apple green, or lemon green, comex (paint brand) calls it “Pueblo Green”, like people here in México have in little towns (pueblos); full of color and spark, with that quaint side of life they go about their day. I thought it would be appropriate.
I chose this color so I could combine it with the other color I love so much: PURPLE!!! By the way, I love red and purple, anything in/with/on red or purple makes me very very happy and puts a silly grin on my face. 
I went to get the paint, got my brushes, my ladder, newspapers and tape and set to work. It took me two days to paint the wall because I added a little something to it: little daisies and butterflies scattered all over the wall. Needless to say, the butterflies are purple.

At first it was such a revolutionary thought for my family and friends that they all felt the compulsion to express their sincere, honest, well intentioned, yet unwanted opinions. 
Nobody was keen on the idea, but I didn’t care and went on with my project. Now they actually like it. Some people still have reservations and say things like: I wouldn’t do it; I wouldn’t put that in my room, it is not my personal taste. However, when I tell them that it is MY room, My taste, MY style, they seem to say: well… now that I think about it, it does go with your personality and vivacity.

Now I have settled into my room with its new look and it has several cool features. 

In the panoramic picture we can appreciate, from left to right, the bathroom door conveniently concealed by my chat noir poster, my “boudoir” with a fantastic mirror and beauty magic tricks, coffee station, TV, bookcases with all the necessities for entertainment, a nice hanging sun-moon-and-stars, around the world postcards board, office area, nice chill-out chair, PURPLE sofa (notice my baby, the dog, on the sofa, she is always there) reading lamp and my hamaca.

There are also some other stuff that are shown in the other pictures.

Now this is my layer, my cave, my haven. I love my room and even though I don’t get to spend much time inside it, the time I do, I truly enjoy it.
I hope everybody gets to enjoy their personal spaces as much as do. 






No comments:

Post a Comment