Tuesday, May 11, 2010

swiss tourism


So, on friday 30/04/2010 I embarqued in a quest: to see a lot of beautiful swizerland. So friday afternoon I went to zürich with mitfahren (like a carpool) with 2 very interesting guys. One, the one with the car, works at audi and has a girlfriend close to basel. He is 34 and a very nice and funny guy. The other one, also with a girlfriend in basel, has 32 and works at a software company that makes chips for the cars, so aaaaalso very very cool. Very interesting conversation and we made it to Zürich in a little more than 2 hours: THANK YOU AUTOBAHN! In Zürich, my friend Gwen cooked and cooked and I ate and ate. On saturday we went to Zug and Wädenswill to do some tourism, it was very very nice, such pretty landscape. On Sunday, we picked up some of Gwen's new friends and went to..... LIECHTENSTEIN!!! how about that? It's a tiny country (principality) between switzerland and austria. The only alpine country with the totality of its territory inside the alps.... of course, it's so tiny they have no choice jijiji.
Sunday evenigng we picked up our friends coming in from Japan to the status meeting. Monday, after Juju got to Zürich, we started our trip to Rigi Kulm (top of some mountain around the Luzern lake) We got there and the place was so beautiful, we all went for a walk in the mountain, there was still some snow around, IN MAY, awesome right? The hotel was very nice and very fancy, they gave us delicious food and very good strong coffee, they had mini swiss chocolates all over the place (Gwen got a stomach ache). On tuesday the presentations started.
Everybody presented what they have been doing for the past three months in their respective internships. Some were interesting, others very messy, other plain boring, others very funny. Of course mine was funny, not so much interesting nor complicated jijiji It was very tiring, so at night we all drank with our supervisors and invited proffesors jiji. The only really bad thing was that the weather was bad, the clouds descended cuz it was raining on the lake, and well, at 1800m we were INSIDE the cloud, it was very very different for me. Bad and good at the same time. At least we didn't miss out on awesome hiking tours for having presentations :D Tuesday we went back down from the mountain and everybody went their own way. Juju, Gwen and I went to Luzern and there we met my friend Marie-Éve from Canada, she is is living there now. We walked around the city and went for some beers. Luzern is awesome and they have sooooo many swans. Then we went to Lausanne for the rock fest. In the way we stoped for some mountain hiking, my first ever! It was very cool. Of course I fell and got mud all over my jeans, but it was great :D We got to Lausanne and to the hostel, they had sangrias waiting for us, so of course, I loved them already jijiji. Then we went to a park near by for a BBQ dinner. It was delicious and fun. They had free beer (for everybody) and some Jäggermeister (only for VIP, so of course I conviced some guys to give me some, I loooove Jägger). Needless to say, we made friends and we were very happy about it jiji On the way to the Rock fest, I felt the necesity to attend to my bodily functions, so I went into the woods for some bladder evacuation and LOST MY CAMERA. So sad, so there are no pics of the rock fest :( , but it was awesome. They had more than 20 bands, like 4 stages, DJ's, the whole shabang! they went all out. It was very very cool. I went into the slam and fell (obviously), then I see this arm pulling me: Gwen saving me from being crushed to death. He started saying something and I tooootally ignored him and went back in the slam.... and fell again jijiji. He saved me once more and wouldn't let me back in.... the little B*** (:D). There was also a sumo fight and all. Fun fun fun. On saturday, Juju decided he needed some more rest, but Gwen and I went to the city rally. It was fun. We got a bunch of strangers to take a group pic with our group infront of a fountain, also we crammed 8 people into a phone booth. Then we went to the sports part of the event. We had a kayac race, that we won... of course. It was the only one jajaja, the rest we totally sucked at. Then they gave us free beer yet again jiji. Went looking for my camera and guess what... we FOUND IT!!! Then we went back to the hostel and got ready for the night party It was swiss night with fondue. It was soooo delicious and fun. We ate, drank, danced, drank, ate, drank, danced.. you get the idea. All of a sudden they started giving out free alcohol. To sumarize, I have a bottle of olmeca (very cheap) tequila in my room as a souvenir from that alcohol giving spree. So nice these swiss people :D Sunday we went to the olympic museum and to evian with a boat ride. That was very nice, but the weather started to get bad again, so it was very cold in the lake. After we got back, we drove back to Zürich and then Juju and I back to München. All in all, it was an awesome 10-day-tour this swiss adventure. I toooootally recomend this country for visiting, every corner of it has something beautiful to offer.

1 comment:

  1. Can tell you had a great time, i´m soooooooo jealous!!!...u b...so lucky to find your camera...

    ReplyDelete