Sunday, January 27, 2013

A short dance


You advance and take the floor, extend me your hand and ask for a dance. I gently refuse. Dancing with you would be dangerous. I am sure I would like it. However, our rhythms won’t match, I know it. I will step on you
You take a stroll around the room and I do too. We find other partners.
We meet again. Again you ask. Again I refuse.
The songs play by and we are delighted in each other’s company while listening, I watch you dance and you watch me in turn. You are a good dancer.
You ask me again. We are friends, you say, it will be ok if you step on me. I go for it. But the song stops suddenly.
When you walk out of the room away from where I am standing on the dance floor waiting for the next song, you step on my foot instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment